Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars redux

Ok, Ok, already. It's only a movie, and only a Star Wars movie at that. It's not in the same league as Oliver Stone rewriting history with "JFK." Fluff and popcorn.

George Lucas has earned millions by providing terrific entertainment, and if he wants to take a cheap shot or two, well, it's a free country. I can ignore the cheap shots, or just engage my suspension of disbelief and interpret them in the context of the story (ignoring / accepting the pretzel logic of, "Only Sith deal in absolutes," just as I ignore / accept the wooden acting).

Besides, George W has actually changed the world, and for the better IMO. And regardless of what any moviemaker says about the nature of absolutes, I know the Real Story.

Ya know, it's Star Wars. My inner ten-year-old really just wants to see spaceships and robots and swordfights.

May the Force be with you.

No comments: