Monday, May 02, 2005

Wonkette - First Wife Swapper: Laura Bush Steals the Show at WH Correspondents Dinner

Wonkette - First Wife Swapper: Laura Bush Steals the Show at WH Correspondents Dinner Wonkette goes a bit overboard with the "wife swapping" charge, but the pull quotes from Laura Bush's zingers show a woman with a real sense of humor.
"George always says that he's delighted to come to these press dinners. Baloney. He's usually in bed by now. I'm not kidding. I said to him the other day, George, if you really want to end tyranny in the world, you're going to have to stay up later." "The amazing thing is that George and I were just meant to be. I was a librarian who spent 12 hours a day in the library, yet somehow I met George." "People often wonder what my mother-in-law is really like. People think she's a sweet, grandmotherly Aunt Bee type. She's actually more like Don Corleone." "I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse." "George's answer to any problem at the ranch is to cut it down with a chainsaw. Which I think is why he and Cheney and Rumsfeld get along so well."

No comments: