Friday, November 11, 2005

The good, the bad, and the Uruk-Hai

If I were Lileks, I'd have sound clips. But I'm not, so you'll have to use your imagination.

I'm watching the extras extended edition DVD of the Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers, taking a break to get a bite to eat, and it suddenly strikes me. The Rohan theme - dah dah dah di dah di dah dah, dah dah dah di dah di dah daaah... sounds a WHOLE LOT like the theme from the Clint Eastwood classic The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Who-ee-oo-ee-ooh bwah bwah bwah. Who-ee-oo-ee-ooh bwah bwah bwaaah...

The Rohirrim are people of the horse. They live in wooden towns on windswept plains. The men are brave and loyal, the women are strong and stoic. They have swords instead of sixguns and a king rather than a sherriff, but STILL!

Has anyone noticed this before?

No comments: