Thursday, September 30, 2004

Mudville Gazette on the draft

Mudville Gazette Thoughts on the draft from a soldier serving in Iraq. Money graphs: Speaking only for myself, an American serving in uniform in Iraq, there's little I fear more than having the determined, confident, and competent young sons and daughters of our nation that I see here daily replaced by some group of conscripts torn kicking and screaming from their mother's skirts and forced to become something that only faintly resembles the effective members of our armed forces that are currently far from home and risking all for a cause they believe in. and Likewise I suggest Americans note that the Army and Army Reserve will meet their recruiting goals this year as stated here
The Army's goal was to recruit 77,000 new active Army troops and 21,200 Reserve troops. As of Aug. 31, the Army had 70,479 new recruits and the Army Reserve had 19,642.
The Navy and Air Force are turning people away.

8 comments:

Anne said...

You would like to be informed about the newest virus alerts? Click here: virus software.

Beach Raceway said...

site at: **SLOT CAR**

Katrina said...

Since my job as a perfermance appraisal manager is so boring , I read this blog to keep me going. My site human resources and performance appraisals may turn into a blog someday if I can find the time.

accordion-366653 said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about chocolate martini recipies
. You can check it out at chocolate martini recipies


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

jefftyrome said...

Visit http://www.igotkicks.com/?ref=6 for Wholesale on Air Jordans Air Force Ones and many hiphop apparel! Starting at $64.99!!!!

jefftyrome said...

For custom shoes and more visit air jordans xiii release date. The best spot for air jordans xiii release date and more! air jordans xiii release date air jordans xiii release date

The Blah Brain said...

Hey would you like to trade links with me? [I place your link on my site, you place mine on yours] I have over 20,000 hits a month on my blog - www.theblahbrain.com just post a comment if you're interested and I'll gladly put your link in my blogroll on the sidebar! Thanks, Paul

Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.